Friday, August 14, 2009

Bless You Hollywood Fashion Tape


Outfit: Yep, still not happening

Belt: The Limited

Pumps: Nine West

Bless Hollywood Fashion Tape. I had always meant to order some but never got around to it so imagine my delight when I saw a box at Targetlast week. I tossed it in the cart and forgot about it.

As I'm running out the door at 6:30 a.m. this morning (yeah...still crazy at work....) I notice my fuchsia top is gaping badly between the first 2 buttons and I didn't wear a camisole. I grabbed a strip of tape, headed for the door and hoped for the best.

I'm quite pleased to say that it is fabulous! Held the fabric together perfectly all day for no-gaping! This is going to be a wardrobe must-keep-on-hand for sure. Love it for buttons, holding a scarf in place, "hemming" a pair of pants for the day...the possibilities are going to be endless! Who needs a needle and thread when you can smack fashion tape on it? Not this girl!

11 comments:

KT said...

Am I being a ding dong? What does still not happening mean?

WickedThrifty said...

very cute look, and a great tip! but i agree with KT...

Legal Editor Mom said...

Thanks for telling us about this tape. I never heard of it, and always keep safety pins both in my desk drawer at work, and in my wallet.

I don't know what "still not happening" means, either. I'm assuming you're saying that you can't tell us? (If so, why?)

Leslie said...

Sorry guys, sorry for being cheeky and sarcastic--not everyone knows! The company of the clothes I've been marking like that asked that their name not be mentioned on the blog so that's my sarcasm coming out. From now on rather that confusing everyone whenever I dont list an item at all, you can figure it's probably that company.

Cindyluvtoshop said...

Thanks for the fashion tape review. I have often thought of picking some up, but wondered if it really worked or not! Now I know and now I'll get some!

http://cindyluvtoshop.blogspot.com/

Legal Editor Mom said...

Leslie,
This is just my two cents but I thought the point of your blog was to share tips on where to find good affordable clothing. If you can't share the designer, store, or website, then what's the point?? And wouldn't the company WANT the referrals and ultimately increased business?? Makes no sense to me...

Leslie said...

Understand I hear you and dont disagree...I'll make an attempt to list items that are not from that line of clothing and keep on but I've been round and round with the company to no avail and just not worth it.

I hope you'll still enjoy looking at the outfits and still gaining inspiration for wearing similar items you may have in your closet in a new and different way.

FashionAddict said...

Well, that company is idiotic, because I LOVE the whole outfit and would totally go looking for a black dress like that if I knew where it was from! Well, maybe not now knowing their policy...Anyways, you look fab!

Leslie said...

It's actually a pencil skirt and racer back black vest belted! Not a dress--just lots of separates to give the look!

Unknown said...

i was wondering if that was the skirt and vest.. cute!!

Toni said...

Looks like something from CABi possibly...