Monday, August 3, 2009

Ally update

Oh, y'all. Forgive my lack of outfit posting these past few weeks. With the wedding coming up (that we're pretty much just started planning) that's 4 weeks away and with work being crazy (OMG my awesome co-worker came back Monday!!!), and everything else going on I've just not had a lick of time.

You might be wondering why I'm selling off so much of my closet and so many things I love. Well, my darling poodles, it's time to spill to beans to everyone:

WE'RE BUYING A HOUSE!!

Pretty exciting stuff, huh? Some of you already knew b/c I can't keep totally quiet and I really appreciate how supportive and helpful you've been when I wanted to completely freak out.

We're getting a 6.5 acre "mini farm" that's way the hell out there but still only 10 minutes from the expressway. Ahh, the best of both worlds. It's a pretty badass place with a pond, and a big garage for Al, and lots of outbuildings/barns/sheds, and even a little cabin back on the pond. All this AND there's a house. A house that needs some serious love. Like, L-O-V-E love. Paint and flooring and plumbing and electrical and cleaning and OMG. I'm sweaty just thinking about it.

One thing about old farm houses? They have teeny tiny closets. What the hell did people wear 75 years ago? Whatever it was, it didn't take up much room and couldn't have been well accessorized. Now you know why I need my stuff to come live at your house. There's no room!!

I'll be keeping you posted on how it all goes but right now, it's looking like we'll be closing, moving and getting hitched in 3 weeks. If we're not divorced by Christmas we'll be golden :D

I'll also do my best to do something other than bitch about how my garden isn't growing or about the dirt under my fingernails. We'll see how well I can balance high heels and fishing reels.
Our first (of many to come) sunset pics on the porch swing. <3

P.S. Look for more stuff coming to the closet. There are about 60 items up now (shoes! necklaces! clothes!) and more to come!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So exciting! Can't wait to hear all about the farm life!

Sara said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!! Nate and I moved to a new state, got married and started a new job, all in the span of a week. That was six years ago - so it's completely possible to do this and NOT kill one another!!

And seriously, I have never seen someone so schizophrenic on the shoe sizing! I am watching but everything I want is too small! :( But I'll keep watching, in case I get lucky. :)

Tina said...

Congrats! It sounds like a fabulous place. Get some chickens!!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! You two are gonna LOVE being homeowners. I'm so happy for yas!

Audi said...

Congratulations; how exciting! I'll second the chicken suggestion -- I used to have 4 chickens when I lived out in the country, and it's pretty darn awesome to have fresh eggs all the time. As long as you don't mind cleaning up chicken poop...

Goober said...

How exciting! Congratulations! The next few weeks and months are going to be full of such wonderful changes - I can't wait to hear all the updates!

Kelly said...

Ally that is AWESOME! Congratulations!

WickedThrifty said...

congrats! my mom has a small farm and has turned it into a real working CSA farm and she runs 2 farmers' markets, too! and it was just a retirement 'project', haha!
my house was built in 1860 and has the TEENIEST closets ever- some not even deep enough to accommodate a hanger!

Milly said...

CONGRATS!!!......im going to plan my next vacation to be at your little cabin lol

Keep us posted!

Beth said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!!!!

Legal Editor Mom said...

Congratulations, Ally. Great things are happening in your future and I'm very happy for you. (Keep posting and I'll keep buying!) ;-)

Ally said...

Thank you all SO MUCH. We're so excited :)

Al wants chickens. And cows. And bees. Don't worry - I'll be sure to let y'all know how that goes!

Sara - All those shoes fit this foot of mine. It just goes to show how wonky shoe sizing is. Like I said, I wear a 7.6 in Cole Haan and "better" brands so if you do, then most of these would fit you too :)

KT said...

I love that picture of you guys. I'm so pleased for you and looking forward to many years of happy posting from the porch swing!
xoxox
P.S. Have not had any interesting/rambling messages recently... I'm just sayin' Al needs to pick up the pace.

Ally said...

By "pick up the pace" do you mean "drunk dial more?"

Oh and I left you a message last week but it wasn't fun. That's probably why you never called me back. I thought you broke up with me.

Louella said...

What can I say I'm speechless!!!

KT said...

Ally, I'm sorry! No joke, I now spend two hours a day driving and have a site in dire need of a new manager. I can't even see straight and have been neglectful of my friends. I STILL LOVE YOU AND I DO MISS AL'S DRUNK DIALING.

Lori said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!