Monday, August 24, 2009

The post I've been putting off writing...

Well readers, this is officially the post I've been putting off writing for a few weeks now...but I think I've put off all I can.

This will be my last post as a "Cute on the Cheap" blogger.

In the last month, you've noticed that there is a line of clothing I wear a great deal that I can no longer say the name of. While I don't agree with the reasons, it's neither here nor there at this point, it just is what it is. And, for reasons many of you can probably guess or suspect, my wardrobe is going to be even more heavy on such clothing line heading into the fall.

This blog was founded not only to try to give ideas on how to wear affordable clothing items, but also to tell you where to find such items. Since I can no longer do the second half much of the time, it doesn't seem fair to each of you who loyally read to not fulfill the "mission" of our blog. As such, I'm going to bow out and leave the posting to our other capable writers!

It's been a fun ride the last 14 months...I've been able to interact with some great women and have been inspired -- and challenged!-- by many of them. While I can't say my "style" as a whole as changed, I will say that I look at what I have hanging in my closet in a different way and for that I am grateful.

I've become a bit addicted to blogging, I must admit. There's just something interesting about the comments and insight you get from people who don't know you on a personal or every day basis that is enlightening. That said, don't be surprised if I forge into my own personal blog about fashion and life in general in the upcoming weeks--without singling out any brands of course! I've become a bit addicted to the dialogue that comes with a blog and think I'll want to continue it at some point. If that happens, I'll ask Ally to let you all know--it may not be about my outfits, but hopefully some of our readers may get a kick out of my random musings!

So there you go -- it's been real. Thanks for reading. When we started this, I don't know about the others, but I really never expected it to go beyond our small circle of contacts -- and it has done that and so much more! It's been exciting to be a part of for sure.

Happy shopping and styling to you all,
Leslie

17 comments:

Kasmira said...

Bye, Leslie. We'll miss you! Thanks for sharing your daily style with us. I hope you can still be a "guest" once in a while!

Kelly said...

Leslie Noooooooo! I love your posts!

It sounds like you've made up your mind, but for what it's worth, I care more about seeing inspiring outfits than looking for the exact items shown. I mean, I read blogs where people wear a hefty amount of vintage items, and I still enjoy the posts and the style even though I know I'll probably never get my hands on the same dress/skirt/hat/whatever the woman is wearing in her outfit. I think listing the brands is a bonus, but it's about 1% of why I read blogs.

If you do start a personal blog, please let us know!

Unknown said...

You will be missed! But, me being the nosy kind of person that I am, am just wondering why you can't mention their name anymore?
Just seems odd to me.... (You don't have to answer me, like I said, I'm just nosy..lol)

Cassie said...

That is so ridiculous!! I can't believe a clothing line wouldn't want to have their clothing being represented out there for free no less!! I think they are idiots! We will miss you!

Pauline Wiles said...

Wow; I feel a case of the Streisand effect coming on...

It looks like others have correctly identified the company in question, they are surely slightly nuts to try to stop you mentioning their clothes.

The folks at CAbi should read a great book called Groundswell, about the social media revolution, and how easy it is for a company to lose control of their brand if they try to work against their fans and not with them.

Beth said...

CAbi are complete idiots. Seriously, they are totally missing a huge boat here. Even if I were considering buying from them before I won't know because it irritates me that they would silence free advertising.

Seriously, idiots.

That said, good luck w/your business. I assume you sell it now which is why you'll be wearing more....

Bianca C said...

Can you just list all the other items you are wearing, and leave out the name of CABI? "Brand withheld by request of manufacturer." could be listed next to those items.

It sounds like you really enjoyed blogging and you appear to have a awesome following here. It seems kind of like tossing the baby with the bathwater?

At any rate, best of luck no matter what you decide to do.

Bianca C said...

Ok - I just read back through some of your posts, and I think I see your point LOL! You wear a ton of that brand! You were cracking me up with your posting notes on those days.

Again, best of luck.

Hillary said...

Leslie, I'm sad to see you go on this blog, but you know I'll be following you when you decide embark on a new one. Best of luck to you and I hope to see you on the blogs!

Lini said...

Oh No!!! So sad! I agree with the comments above that you should continue to post/blog. This blog and literally 3 others were the inspiration for starting my own. Please return as a guest blogger if you do not decide to stick it out with us a little longer because you will be missed.

Legal Editor Mom said...

Leslie I think I may have been the first to comment on how ridiculous the whole thing was to me, and I am sorry that it has come to this. But I enjoyed your posts and often got inspiration for future outfits from them, knowing the designer or not.

Best wishes to you and I do hope to see more from you at a later date.

FashionAddict said...

I just wanted to say I will miss seeing your outfits since they were always very professional and chic. Good luck w/everything.

Wendy said...

Hmmm, now I get a totally different take on this. I get the idea Leslie is going to showing/selling this particular clothing line. Is that right? If so their stance on not mentioning isn't surprising. For example I'm a MK consultant and I have to be careful where I say that on web because it has to approved. Silly I know but I bet that's the case here. If so best wishes to you Leslie, you will make a wonderful representative for them.

Wendy in North East Texas

Kari said...

What a shame! I know I didn't comment too often, but I'll miss seeing your creative, colorful outfits. I hope you'll let us know where to find you if you are blogging again in the future.

Leah said...

I will miss your posts! If you start your own blog, I will definitely read it.

Audi said...

Aw Leslie, I'll miss you! I'm at a loss to understand why any company wouldn't want such wonderful and free advertising, but I guess I also don't know all the details behind it. Best of luck to you -- I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

Josie said...

I recently started following this blog and am hooked. To be honest, I always thought CAbi was very expensive but since seeing how gorgeous all the CAbi pieces look on you, I recently went to a party and purchased several pieces from their fall line. They should be thanking you for the free advertising because I can tell you first hand that it worked for me. I hope you'll reconsider and consider posting still. I'll miss your fashion sense and sense of humor!