Monday, August 3, 2009

Accessory Change


At a conference a few weeks ago, I saw someone wearing this exact same jacket I am wearing (and was wearing that day as well). What was interesting was how different hers looked than mine. Mine was just tied around the waist and while it was cute and fun, it didn't say WOW. However, this lady had taken the given canvas belt out and put in a black studded belt in it's place. It totally made the jacket and her outfit pop.

Accessories can sometimes easily be overlooked but I dont think it can be underestimated the difference changing up accessories can be. It can take an outfit you've worn before and make it feel brand new again! I cant wait to try some of my other belts with this jacket heading into fall. While it may be a light summer weight, with the right colors and belts, it will be a fall jacket for me for sure!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I always swap out the tie belt that comes with shirts and jackets with a "real" belt - it is amazing the difference it makes with the look and fit of the item. Cute skirt!

Cindyluvtoshop said...

I definately agree that I like it better with the braided belt. I like the nude shoes too...very elongating.
http://cindyluvtoshop.blogspot.com/

Milly said...

Nice Skirt!

Lesa said...

Really love this whole outfit. the belt is great, but my fav is the skirt.