Friday, July 24, 2009

What to wear in 104 degrees?



Green dress - Old Navy 2008
Gladiator style sandals - Coach 2009
Swing bag - Coach 2008
Sunglasses - Gucci via Off 5th Outlet
Sunscreen - Sheseido Face and Body lotion SPF 55












Do I look like I'm melting here? Because I felt like I was!
I was in Austin, TX this past weekend visiting my friend Karen. While my hometown of Louisville, KY was enjoying unseasonably cool temperatures of around 70 degrees, I was sweating it out down in good ol' Austin, TX! I decided if I lived down there that I would have a ton of these light weight t-shirt dresses for the summer. I stayed as cool as one possibly could in that sort of heat.

So, to my sisters who live in places where it's super hot in the summer, what do you wear to stay comfortable?

The Texas State Capitol was amazing!
One of the things I loved about Texas was the sense of pride that you can see built all around. There are stars everywhere! My favorite was the dome. You can't really see it, but "Texas" was written around the star in the top of the dome.














































The stars weren't only all over the capitol, they were also all over the city.
Another thing I loved about Texas was that the people are awesome! So friendly! Thanks, Texas... my t-shirt dresses and I will be back!

4 comments:

Sarah R said...

I live in Florida.
Gauzy skirts, tank tops, flip flops, sunscreen, sunglasses. And a ponytail holder. That's my uniform. And a cardi if I go somewhere like a movie.

Karen said...

come back soon! we miss you already!

Hillary said...

Austin is such a fun city, but yeah it's hot, hot, hot in the summer. It's all about a/c. It really is the best invention ever :-) You look so cute in the green dress!

Anonymous said...

I would have been melting but you looked great!