Wednesday, July 1, 2009

3 season wardrobe items



I really like to buy "3-season" items for my wardrobe to maximize it -- items that can typically be worn most seasons except either the heat of summer or dead of winter. This shirt is a great example--I bought it in December off the fall clearance rack but have worn it across multiple seasons -- with black in the winter, gray in the spring and I plan to with white jeans for the summer!

I like living in an area that truly has 4 seasons because I have the chance to wear a lot of different types of clothing. I have friends who live in all cold climates or warm climates and while that would certainly simplify the wardrobe, I don't think the clothes horse in me would like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just talking with a friend about the merits of living in a 4-season climate, getting to wear a wide variety of styles is a huge one! And I love 3-season staples, too. That blouse will be equally lovely once the snow starts flying.

Lini said...

I recently visted family in Floriday and all they kept saying was "why dont you move? how can you like the cold". And I very proudly answered that when you live in places like the East Coast (4 season climates), you are the best dressed people in the country. We have 4 wardrobes, something for every season. I absolutely agree with you!