Friday, July 17, 2009

Wardrobe replacement stress


I dont care that it's the heat of summer. My office is cold so I put on my favorite long sleeve wrap tee today and felt blissfully comfortable! While I have a short sleeve version in white and lime, they just arent the same as the long sleeve and how utterly comfy and warm I feel in them. I cant wait to grab the new dark fall colors this fall at my favorite home clothing party!
You know those items in your closet that you begin to stress out about them wearing out because you don't know how you'll survive without them? (Well, I do this but I stress out about a lot of "what if's" in life and my closet is no exception!) This tee is one of those as well as this J Crew khaki pencil skirt. I bought the skirt a few years ago when I needed a tan color skirt for an event (it was that or shorts and you all know how often you see me in shorts --other than cotton workout shorts, I own one pair -- and I just got those on vacation!) so I just grabbed the skirt for the event with no long-term plans. It quickly turned into a 3-season wardrobe staple. It fits great and goes with everything. When I dropped grease on it a couple months ago, I stood at the sink scrubbing for several minutes -- because there was no way I was going to lose this skirt! I think it has another year in it if I'm lucky -- It's starting to feel worn -- so Im on the lookout already for a replacement!
What item in your closet are you already worrying about having to try to replace one day?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am the same way, lady. The day I have to replace my black cashmere cowlneck sweater will be a sad and stressful one ...

FashionAddict said...

It's a great skirt, I can see why you don't want to get rid of it!

Sarah R said...

I have leopard print flip flops that I adore. And since I live in Florida, I wear them 10 months out of the year. I will cry when a strap eventually breaks.

Sally said...

I love that tee! The drape is perfect. Could you please tell me where you found it and what brand it is?

Thanks!
Sally

Leslie said...

Sally-- I have been specifically requested by the brand of the tshirt to not mention their name on this blog so Ill attempt to respect their wishes and answer your question at the same time. The shirt is from a line of clothing sold at home parties. If you google "clothing sold at home parties" I think youll find it. To help you narrow down, it has 4 letters, 2 of which are capitalized. I just looked at their fall line online and there are 4 colors of this same tee available this fall--I think Im going to have to have them all!

Melanie said...

Wow - interesting that a company would turn down free advertising!

You could post the items you purchase from that company as The Company That Shall Not Be Named, or TCTSNBN for short.

Sally said...

I agree with Melanie; that is interesting! In any case, thank you!

Anonymous said...

You look very good in skirt's right above the knees, it's a great look for you!!!

www.fashion1psychology.wordpress.com