Friday, July 3, 2009

First and Last




Dress - Merona Target

Navy cardigan - Gap

Gold Peep Toe Kitten Heels - AK Anne Klein via Zappos Outlet

Owl Necklace - Forever 21














So, When I left this morning I felt kinda great. All cury, and bangin' and fabulous.. THEN I looked at this picture and OMG. I hate what this dress does to my thighs. It shows every little lump, bump, and crevice. I'm even wearing Spanx. This will probably be the 1st and last time that I wear this. Darn it!


























Ally has shown you her cute owl knecklace from Forever21 and here is mine! Mine is a little blinged out. I'm not sure you can tell from the pic, but he has little rhinestones around his eyes. He's so cute!

I got these great little gold peep toes from the Zappos outlet when Ally and I went a few weeks ago. They are having another big sale!! After all discounts they were $25. A great deal!

9 comments:

Jennie said...

What kind/name of Spanx are you wearing? I think you look fab! :)

Ally said...

I think it's just b/c you're standing still. I'm sure when you're walking around, sitting, etc, the dress looks bangin' :) If not, you know who wants it!

Karen said...

The dress looks amazing! you must wear it again. there is no "lump, bump and crevice" problem. besides, did you see your boobs in this dress!? Amazing! you're bringing the dress to Austin so I can flaunt my hottie hot friend!

Sarah R said...

Yes, I think you're being too hard on yourself. You look lovely.

Unknown said...

While I don't think this is as bad as you make it sound, I don't think it's as flattering as a lot of other outfits you own.

Leslie said...

I agree with Kel-- it's not nearly as bad as you think but I dont necessarily think it's the most flattering outfit in your closet. I'm much the same way -- even with Spanx, I cannot wear a clingy knit anything, especially in a solid color. I can sometimes get away with it if it's a pattern but that's even pushing it. I feel your frustration and pain!

Kasmira said...

I popped over from my Google Reader to comment on your dress before I read the text. I think it looks FAB YOO LESS on you!

Personally, I like satiny slips under jersey dresses to keep them from clinging.

Tracey said...

Thanks, Ladies!
I guess we are always our own worst critic.

Jennie, it's the spanx half slip.

Kasmira, I remember before that I've had luck with just a plain satin slip under knit dresses. I will try that.. thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was also going to suggest a slip, and the bike shorts? so they don't cut in - but seriously - if you could fix "that" problem - the rest looks SO SO good.