Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not overthinking things

Outfit from The Limited

Sometimes it just pays not to overthink things. I wake up some mornings and just stand in my closet, not wanting to wear a combination I've ever worn before but at the same time, trying not to run late. Then there are those other mornings where it just pays not to overthink and just grab something simple and put it on. This was one of those mornings. A black and white knit tee is basic -- but adds punch with the tuxedo ruffles. A black pencil skirt is classic and always works--but has some visual interest when you have kickpleats in the back. It was simple, I didn't overthink...and I'm still happy with the result!

9 comments:

Ally said...

I like this a lot. It's a shame you can't wear a pencil skirt every day b/c they look so good on you :)

KT said...

I like this. Pencil skirts are very flattering on you.

Anonymous said...

Know just what you mean. And I think this simple, sleek combo is dynamite!

Legal Editor Mom said...

The tuxedo ruffles definitely jazz up the tee, and I agree that pencil skirts are very flattering on you! This looks like the perfect warm weather, comfortable, work outfit.

Milly said...

very cute top

Polly said...

Looks great.

Goober said...

Very chic. It's amazing how little details - tuxedo ruffles, kickpleats - can make such a difference!

frockandrollonline.com said...

Divine :) Love the detail in your shirt, & you're right - it adds such a delicious punch when paired with a sleek, stylish black skirt!

Lori said...

This is a great looking outfit on you!