Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's me again, Margaret

I'm having a hell of a time finding a good spot at work to snap a pic. It's too dark in our house in the mornings and it's been too dang cold to go outside. Maybe I'll get this figured out soon 'cause I'm sure you're just DYING out there without me, right? ;)

Sweater: Kohl's

Pencil skirt: Kohl's

Black t-shirt: Old Navy

Tights: George via Walmart

Necklace: gift

Shoes: Calvin Klein

Fake buttons: Dollar Tree




















So since I have to dress up a bit more at the new job, I've had to buy some more clothes. Fortunately, I'm spoiled rotten and my sweet Mama has been going nuts at Kohl's on my behalf. Seriously, they should just rename the store "Mama's." She picked up this sweater and this skirt for me. I don't even have to try this stuff on - it's perfect! I hate shopping (but love to buy) and I can't even begin to tell you how much I've appreciated her picking up sweaters, skirts, and dresses for me and then picking up the tab!

Since I clearly don't shop for myself anymore, I have to fess up that Al even bought these tights. I knew he was stopping by Walmart after work the other night, so I told him to call me when he got there. The poor fella called and said, "Okay. I'm wandering around the lingerie section. Tell me what you want!" Of course they didn't have the plain black (non control top) tights I wanted in stock. So he used his best judgement and picked out these. He also picked out a patterned pair too. I'd have never bought either of these on my own, so I think I should send him out more often!


The only thing that I don't like about this sweater is that it just buttons at the top. I feel kinda smothered sometimes and really needed my neckline open today.

I've lost a few pounds recently so most of my pants have been too big. I was at Dollar Tree (my FAVORITE store) the other day and saw these fake buttons and thought they might be a good solution for my too-big-pants situation. They're made so you can get an extra inch out of your too-small pants, but they do a hell of a job cinching up my pants! Now, that Amazon link doesn't show the same exact buttons I bought, but they're pretty much identical AND they're only $1 for 8 buttons at the Dollar Tree. Seriously - don't buy a thing until you check Dollar Tree first. I get all our allergy medicine, office candy, cleaning supplies, and all sorts of stuff there.

Anyway, back to my sweater situation. It didn't look good unbuttoned and it was smothering me buttoned up top. I kept thinking, "Dang. If only I had buttons HERE." And a light bulb went off. Seriously, it was like one of those infomercials haha. I grabbed the two gray buttons and voila!


Each pack of 8 has 2 black, 2 gray, 2 tan and 2 brown buttons. They're fantastic and totally worth a buck.

I have been snapping pics of partial outfits here and there and may compile them into one big post if I get a chance this week. I've missed you, poodles!!!

4 comments:

V said...

I've totally missed you! Super cute and what a great idea on the buttons!

Taylor said...

Ooh, thanks for the button idea! I had been eyeing the ones from TV at CVS but they're $10. A bunch of my pants are loose too (not a bad problem to have) and this would help out immensely!

Kelly said...

Glad you mentioned Dollar Tree - I was THISCLOSE to buying those things at CVS the other day for $10. But I have a Dollar Tree right down the road! Hopefully mine will have them too!

Also, I have been looking forward to seeing your outfit pics from your new job!

Hillary said...

cute cute outfit!