Friday, March 4, 2011

TGIF. For real!

In my entire adult life, I've never had a job that didn't require me to work weekends...until now. I *finally* get all that TGIF stuff! It's so nice to KNOW I'll be off work on certain days. I do miss spending Mondays at home, though, and would probably still gladly work a Saturday on occasion. It's nice to have a "me day" where I can lounge on the couch and watch "Mad Men" all day. Don Draper and I enjoy spending time together. Duh.

Cardi: Target

Tank: Lands' End Canvas

Pants: Old Navy

Flats: Kenneth Cole Reaction

Necklace: gift
























Gosh! I really need a better photo spot. Unfortunately, this is the best one and even then, it's iffy.


How cute is this cardigan? I love the fun flowers and soft purple. I've noticed my wardrobe is all black, gray, and purple so get ready to see this color combo a LOT.


These babies are SO CUTE yet this is the first time I've worn them. As you may know, Zappos has a major distribution center in Kentucky. Fortunately for me, it's only about 20 minutes from my house! It's called the 6pm.com Outlet now, but we all still call it the Zappos Outlet :) Anyway, they had a massive Black Friday sale where everything in the store was 70% off the OUTLET PRICE. So those fancy Vera Wang heels that were already 50% off? Take 70% off that!

My buddy Leslie (different than our former favorite blog buddy Leslie) and I met up with Tracey and her cousin, Dawn at 9am when the doors opened. I've never ever gone or done Black Friday before b/c it's just not my bag. But 9am and cheap shoes? That I can handle. Most of the run on shoes seemed to be for mens and kids shoes. It wasn't nearly as crowded as one might expect so it was good. I picked up these for $4 (that's right, $4). They retailed for $42 and are actually kids shoes. They're a size 6 in girls which fits my 7/7.5 feet perfectly. I also snagged some Hunter wellies that I'll post soon!

So...since it's Friday, what are you planning for the weekend? We're going to work in the yard some more and celebrate my grandma's 87th birthday. We've been pruning trees and cleaning/raking our landscaping (or lack there of) in hopes of getting a jump on Spring. I'm hoping to actually have time to have more flowers and a bigger garden this year. Cross your fingers for us!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Yay for not having to work weekends anymore! Those cardis are adorable - I have picked up several 3/4-sleeve Merona cardis lately and I love that one you have on. Also - I, too, wear 7 - 7.5 in shoes and literally just found out this week that I could also wear girls' sizes! Who knew? Good stuff.

Meg said...

I'm so excited to see you posting again! I love the cardi!

Hillary said...

Love the cardi!