Thursday, September 30, 2010

Summertime Part 5: Anniversary

Despite my lack of photographical evidence on this site, I really did get married last September (09/09/09 to be exact). We celebrated our 1st anniversary and had a wonderful day together. We both took off work and just puttered around the city eating and stopping by interesting places.




We got married at Historic Locust Grove in Louisville, KY. It was a beautiful and perfect location. We made a stop by after brunch to take a walk around the grounds and took this pic of ourselves. Not bad for an iPhone!

I never did share any wedding pics so now's a good a time as any, right? All the photos below were taken by Jessica Powell of Vogue Visions Photography. She did a ridiculously amazing job and I still get all caught up in looking at them. She also has a blog post up of some more of our photos if you're just dying to see more :)
 This is the porch we got married on - The sun was setting and the sky was blue...perfection

 With my Mama and Daddy

 We're standing in the same spot as the pic we took our our anniversary...just facing the opposite direction.
 This pic cracks me up b/c Al's making some smart-a$$ comment to me through gritted teeth.

 Both of Al's parents have passed away so we had a candle in their memory.

 Isn't my Mama pretty?! This is one of my favorite pictures.

And now for the official "outfit" breakdown :)

Sash: Ebay
blue brooch: QVC
necklace: QVC
bracelets: One from my Mama and one was Al's mom's
shoes: Christian Louboutin


I decided to "blow my wad" on accessories and not my dress. I figure I'll get WAY more mileage out of shoes and jewelry than I would a dress.

The brooch is WAY prettier in person. The QVC pic is just ugly compared to how sparkly and dynamic it really is.

The cuff is my Mama's. I bought it for her when I went to Australia and the other bracelet was Al's mom's. His sister gave it to me the week of the wedding. Together they were perfect with what I had in mind.

You can see my necklace a little better here. I made my bouquet myself from flowers from Kroger. Not bad for $35, huh?

And that's it!! I have tons and tons more of pics, but no one wants to look at that many :)



6 comments:

Kelly said...

For the record, I could look at pictures of your wedding all day.

In Kinsey's Closet said...

You look so lovely! I lvoe when fashion bloggers share their wedding photos, because it is the best day to be fashionable of all! Love the flowers too.

www.inkinseyscloset.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wedding pictures. It looks like you had the perfect day and you looked absolutely beautiful!

I'm enjoying catching up on all of your posts.

Happy belated anniversary and have a great night!

Boutique Girl said...

You look simply stunning! The photos are just beautiful. it looks like it was a beautiful day! happy one year married.

Unknown said...

Okay... what I love most about your wedding day photos are the shoes... wish I had been so bright as to splurge on a great pair of shoes... amazing!!!

Legal Editor Mom said...

I've totally fallen behind on reading my favorite blogs so was pleasantly surprised to see you and the wedding pics! Ally you were a beautiful bride and you inspired me for when my day comes...and it is coming!! ;-)