Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Summertime Part 2: Animals

As I'm sure you remember, I have a sweet doggie, Maddy. She'll be 10 next month (!!!!!!!) and she's my BFF. I love her to pieces and she LOVES living out in the country. She runs around and sniffs and rolls and is having the time of her life.

In July Al and I got a wild hair (well, *I* got a wild hair) and decided we needed a farm cat to eat all the mice and vermin who run rampant. I got on Craigslist and found a lady with kittens and what do you know...we got one. She told us the kitty was a little girl so we named her Magnolia:

Isn't that the cutest kitten EVER?

The next morning, I awoke to Al drawing me a diagram and using hand motions to describe to me how he thinks Magnolia is a boy. I called foul and said we'd let the vet decide...and Magnolia was a boy. So a name change was necessary. Meet Maximus:

He is such a little shit, but I guess all kittens are. He's not very cuddly (unless he's gotten shots or is sick) and he'd rather climb a tree (or onto the roof like above) than play with me, but whatever. He's killed a mole so I don't care. Some more cuteness:

 He was sick in the last picture (I think he fell off the roof or out of a tree) which is the only reason he was letting me nuzzle him. He's back to 100% and back to hating me. Worry not, friends.

Now on to the sweetest girl in the world...my Maddy Dog. She's loving the kitten and mauls him with love. He smacks her and she pins him down and slobbers all over him. It's awfully cute.

 We'd just picked her up from my parents' house and she would NOT get out of the way so I could sit down. Al had to drag her to the middle.

 She loves to ride in the truck and watch what we're doing.

You can see how she likes to ride shotgun...and sit on my cardigan.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I laughed out loud at that second picture of Maximus! Too funny. Sweet little kitten and then king of the wild!

Kelly said...

Eeeee Maddy pictures! She is such a doll. And I love that she slobbers on Max with love!

Sarah said...

Thanks for my daily kitten fix!

TaylorCristen said...

What precious little furbabies! Most kittens are terrors, I know ours was. We had to get rid of him...lucky some other family adopted him and is now being tormented by his shinanigahns! We got a new kitty, who is about 1, hes a total cuddle bug! We also have a 12 year old dog that my hubby has had since childhood. I often feature my cat Greyson on my blog...and Yager- the hellion we used to have is in a lot of my old videos!!

Unknown said...

Awww he's adorable, I love it when kitties have that 'wide eyes bushy tailed' look about them ... he'll be more loving as he matures :-) Enjoy