Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summertime Part 1: Food & Gardening

Since Al and I are lucky ducks and live on a wonderful property with lots of space, we tried our hands at gardening. Unfortunately, we got a late start and didn't have quite the yield we'd have hoped for. Lesson learned :)

I spend more time cooking than I do thinking about outfits (remember, I wear the same 5 things all the time these days).

 I made my own mustard a few times. It's DELICIOUS.

 
Our neighbors have delicious eggs...

 
...and Al loves to eat them.


 We unloaded heaps of compost.
 
 The tomatoes and basil did well.

 And the yummy treats I made from them will always make my mouth water.

 I hate the heat, but I sure do love how pretty summer is.

1 comments:

Georgette said...

Beautiful! I love catching up on your blog... the house is looking gorgeous, the wedding pictures are beautiful.. and like you I got a little bigger this summer. Time to get back into my winter pants :)