Monday, October 11, 2010

Casual outfits

Did I mention I didn't wear pants for 5 months? You know how easy of a rut that is to slip into. The spring weather is so nice, dresses feel so springy/summery...then the next thing you know, the air has turned cool and not a single pair of your pants fit. If you don't weigh yourself regularly, you can always tell if you've put on 5 or so by how tight your clothes are. Struggle to button your pants one morning? That's your sign to eat better that week. But when you wear a dress all the time? Not so much. The dress won't hold you accountable for all that beer and those burgers.

The air had a nice nip to it last week and I wanted to wear jeans. The only problem was that NONE OF MY PANTS FIT. Like, not a single pair. I'd given away my "very fattest" jeans and even my "fat" jeans wouldn't fit. Damnit. So off to Old Navy we went. Al had a pair of flip flops to return so I planned to use the credit toward a pair of new jeans. I found a pair (a size bigger than before. Ugh) and ended up paying $5 for them. Sweet! So here they are. Don't get used to them b/c they're going to be falling off of me soon!

10/10/10

Cardi: Target
Tank: Banana Republic
Jeans: Old Navy
Flats: Sam Edelman

10/10/10 details

I'm not very daring with the pattern mixing, but I know Kimberly would be proud of this!

I snagged this cute plaid dress off the clearance rack at Target for $5-something. It's so comfortable!

photo(4)

Dress: Converse/Target
Cardi: J. Crew
Flats: Liz Claiborne

photo(5)

I love the ruffle on this cardi and how it goes w/the ruffles on the dress. Little details like this always make an outfit come together I think.

5 comments:

tiff said...

Jealous of the houndstooth cardi & that dress!!!!

♥tif
fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

I am very proud of the pattern mixing!

Also, just so you know I am wearing nothing but muumuus during FGW! Screw jeans!

Lini said...

Missed you posts!! Welcome back!

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies!

Kimberly - I plan on wearing a bathrobe all weekend if I can get by with it :)

Kelly said...

gah I'm jealous! I tried on that same Target dress and it looked like ASS on me.