Thursday, October 1, 2009

Teal & Lime

I've been watching a lot of HGTV now that we're homeowners and one of the shows is about how you should decorate your house in colors/themes you find in your closet. Today, I decided to do the opposite. I love teal and black and lime green in home decor so why not wear it??

Cardi - NY&Co.

Ruffle tank - Target

Pants - Old Navy

Shoes - Cole Haan

Necklace - Sarah Balmer via Scout










I snagged this cute ruffled top at Target for $10 last night. I never thought myself as a ruffles kind of gal, but it seems I am :)















Do you have an item in your house that you'd love to dress like? A rug? A sofa?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! A great combo, in interiors and on Allys. ;)

Kelly said...

ha! I was looking at house decorating books in Home Depot a couple weeks ago and thinking about how I should buy the book just to use the color combos in my outfits! The one you chose is great and unexpected.

I don't have anything in my house I'd really love to dress like. Honestly, I'm not much into decorating AT ALL so I kind of do whatever's easiest when it comes to putting things in my house. Easy usually equals cheap, so my house is a mishmash of hand me downs, my favorite of which are what I call my "pimp couches" - plushy red velvet, baby! Not something I should wear on myself ;-)

KT said...

I'd like to dress like my bed. Nice and cozy.