Friday, September 25, 2009

Houndstooth Friday

I've been in a serious style slump, kittens. I gained a couple pounds on the honeymoon (it's all in my face it seems. UGH) and nothing feels cute or blog-worthy. This outfit, however, felt great and it looked good too. However, the double chin wasn't invited to the outfit, but showed up anyway. Not sharing that. haha

Houndstooth cardigan: Target

Dress: J. Crew

Belt: Walmart

Flats: Sam Edelman

Bracelet: Forever 21










For an item I've only had for 2 weeks, this dress has already been blogged twice - it's a keeper for sure!! I took a close-up pic of the ruffles this time:

Excuse the lint. I hadn't lint-rolled myself yet :)

I'm not sure who the top of this dress is cut for, but it sure as heck isn't cut for me. I had to pin it today b/c wearing a tank under it is just not easy. Too much riding up.







I snagged this bracelet at Forever 21 earlier in the summer (or spring??) for $4:

8 comments:

Jessica said...

This is super cute! I really like this on you.

I'm sorry you're in a slump. I'm right there with ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, sorry to hear you're feeling uninspired ... but this entire ensemble is WONDERFUL on yas!

Boutique Girl said...

Great look! I love that bracelet!

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Hi, newbie here! *waving* :)

That green belt is an awesome splash of color...love it! And that is just the cutest bracelet ever.

I'm a nail beauty blogger. I'll link your blog on my site and certainly be back to check out many more of your creative style looks!

~pbg

Becky said...

Oooh I love your houndstooth cardi! That bracelet is lovely, too!

Legal Editor Mom said...

I love this look on you and that bracelet is super cute. With the new hubby and new home, you should not be in a slump! A few pounds or not, you always look very well put together. ;-)

Kelly said...

I want that cardi. I want that bracelet. So pretty, both of them!

Goober said...

You look super cute. The cardigan and bracelet are so adorable! Hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon.