Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pink, brown and black.

I'm not really "feeling" today's outfit. As comfortable as it is, this sweater/wrap is only flattering on me worn this way and that's a stretch. It definitely would look better on a taller gal so it could be worn untied and loose. I also went with brown as the neutral for this dress instead of black. I think I really prefer black w/it after seeing this pic.
Dress: JC Penney

Sweater/wrap: Target

brown tights: George from Walmart

brown flats: Clarks

necklace: gift

The tights look black here, but they're brown. They're my beloved George tights from Walmart. For under $5 they're the best tights I've found. They last longer than the Merona tights from Target and they don't sag down or get all droopy. Bonus!





Fall is in full swing around these parts and I wanted to share a picture I snapped this weekend:
This is near the back of our property and all those yellows and oranges really made my day.

4 comments:

KT said...

I like this outfit. :)

Tina said...

I really love the dress. And I think this outfit would have worked on you, if you had untied the cardi, opened it up so that it's not closed in the center, and then put a big belt over it. I don't think your height would be an issue.

Legal Editor Mom said...

Cute dress and I love George tights, too! They last longer than more expensive brands and are very comfortable.

Your scenery is beautiful!

WickedThrifty said...

cute color combo- black/brown, whichever, i think it's such a nice dress it doesn't matter! i struggle with proportion as a shortie, myself, so i feel you! i had been craving the ubiquitous wrap cardigan but maybe not if you think it's tough to wear...