Sunday, September 20, 2009

Black Tie on a Budget











As I sit here watching the Emmy Awards, I am looking at all the FABULOUS gowns and thinking about how expensive they are and way out of the average person's reach. It got me to thinking about the black tie affair that I was just at this past weekend, The KentuckyBourbon Festival Tasting and Gala. Like most of us, I was shopping on a budget. I found this great dress at Nordstrom's online on sale for $78.90. The jewelry was picked up at Forever 21 and is a lot cuter and sparkly in person! I already owned the shoes and the Rafe silver clutch that I carried, which helped with the budget. As I shopped I looked for a dress that I knew would work with silver or gold shoes since I already owned both of those.
I wish I hadn't been such a dork and actually gotten a few full length pictures of me being all fancy, but all the bourbon was flowing and I had sensory overload and my ADD set in. Sorry, Ladies!
Dress - Nordie's , $78.90
Shoes - Nine West outlet, $25.00
Earrings - Forever 21, $8.80
Bracelet - Forever 21 , $10.80
So, there you have it! Black tie for under $125. Most celebs on the red carpet have underwear on that cost more than that. :)

4 comments:

Ally said...

I <3 that dress so much. I can't BELIEVE you didn't take a pic. DORK.

Karen said...

are they even wearing underwear?

Legal Editor Mom said...

I did the same thing last weekend; went to a ball and didn't take any good pics.

But this dress is fabulous, and it was very smart to shop around accessories that you already had.

Goober said...

I love all of this! I can't believe the price on the dress - such a good deal for such a beautiful dress.