Thursday, June 2, 2011

Grey and totally out of my comfort zone

So far, my ploy to get myself to post more often is working! If I was already taking a pic of my shoes, why not the whole outfit, right?


Sequin cardi: Vera Wang for Kohl's
Striped tank: Lands' End
Grey legging? Grey slim pants? Dana Buchman for Kohl's
Pewter pumps: Cole Haan

Okay so these pants? I'd normally never pick them up or even think "Hey, super tight pants would look great on my cellulite!" But at 80% off? I'll give 'em a whirl. These were $8.80 and at that price, if they didn't work for work, they'd be great around-the-house pants. They're a nice, thick fabric and it doesn't cling to my fat - success! They also have some well-placed seams so they're almost slimming. The only thing I can't get out of my head is Michael Kors on Project Runway lamenting how insane the crotch of a pair of pants is. The crotch is super wonky on these. It gives me faux-toe if I'm not standing just right. Classy.

I did buy them two sizes bigger than normal and I'm 100% certain that's why I'm comfortable in them. They're fitted, but they're not too tight and don't pull. Also probably the main reason the crotch is baggy and sketchy. These are similar to what I bought, but not exact.

Have you worn anything out of your comfort zone lately? Details, please!!

5 comments:

Style Journey said...

I absolutely don't think those pants look bad on you. The sequined cardigan is adorable too. The peep toes are nice finishing touch.

KT said...

Faux toe. I about peed my Spanx.

I did buy a super low cut summery dress at Target. Day one I wore a cami underneath. Next time I decided to work it like I've got it. And I felt OK!

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies!

And yes, KT, Faux Toe. I'm no Coco.

twitter.com/COCOSWORLD

laniza said...

Oh, the gray cardigan is awesome! Nice picture!

Beth said...

I wore a bathing suit top with a skirt to a hula party this weekend. I must have asked T 18 times, ARE YOU SURE THIS LOOKS OKAY?