Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I felt a little bit like Joan Holloway today.


I didn't look quite as smokin' hot, but I felt great in this dress.

Dress: borrowed from my aunt

Cardi: Kohl's

Belt: Walmart

Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

This is SO not something I'd typically wear to the office (though I totally have a Joanie job now!), but we had a "Go Red for Women" luncheon and were all encouraged to wear red. This is the first time (I think) I've ever work red on this blog as I don't even own anything red.

I didn't want to buy a new dress only to wear it once and didn't find squat at Goodwill. As luck would have it, my aunt walked in to Easter dinner with this on and I about yanked it off her - it was perfect. Fortunately we're the same size!

It has adorable cap sleeves but the weather has been ridiculous here, so I had to wear a sweater to keep from freezing.

Here's a close up of meeeeeeeee from earlier in the day:

I originally had on a necklace but decided to take it off as it was too fussy with the dress. The dress had a super cute ruffled neckline and I wanted it to be the main focus.

Can you believe I've not had a hair cut since I got married (Sept '09)? It's ridiculous. It's so dang long and drives me batshit crazy most days. HOWEVER, I don't want to wack it all off for nothing at this point. Locks of Love requires 10 inches and that's just a little too short for me right now. Guess I'll keep growing it and hope for the best!


Oh and I'd apologize about not ever posting, but that drives me nuts when other bloggers do it. Life's crazy, we're busy, blah blah blah.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That dress is super cute! I think you should steal it from your aunt!

Unknown said...

Stunning!!

LisainLouKY said...

Beautiful lady!! :)

Ally said...

Thanks, ladies! You know how to make a gal feel special :)

Taylor said...

You look amazing in this. Maybe you should "forget" to give it back!

KT said...

x's and o's
you look SMASHING!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, love it.. You should borrow it permanetly.. LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cute, love it.. You should borrow it permanetly.. LOL

Karrisa_T said...

You look adorable! I always love the animal print + red, it's just the very perfect combo. This dress is absolutely perfect on you-- maybe your aunt wouldn't miss it if you "forgot" to return it forever haha :)

misss_e said...

I adore this combo! Fab!

Ally said...

Thank you all SO much! I saw my aunt this weekend and told her I was keeping the dress haha :)