Friday, June 18, 2010

TGIF, kittens!

Is it sweltering where you live yet? It's supposed to be 93 here today and there's a good chance I may melt. I came prepared by wearing a loose cotton dress. I figure I can stand over a fan when no one's looking and cool off :)
 
Dress: Cynthia Rowley (via TJ Maxx)


Michelle Obama pearls: Walmart

Shoes: Crocs Prima flats *sigh*

I picked up this cardigan at Target the other night for next to nothing - $5 out of pocket! I had a top I returned plus a 20% off Merona coupon so after all that, I was only out $5. Not bad!! I was stumped as to what to pair this with but after a few minutes of thinking about it I said, "Screw it" and threw it on w/a black dress.

This dress was a real steal also - $25 at TJ Maxx. It's hard to see in the pic but it has some adorable pleating on the front and back. I tried to snap a pic of it but it's kinda hard to see still:


Pretty cute, huh? I love that it's cotton and loose and perfect for hot and humid days.










These shoes are a total accident. If you recall a couple of years ago, I had the misfortune of leaving my beloved Prima flats in my car and they shrank like crazy. I tried to stretch 'em out but after my little science experiment, they shrank right back and became worthless to me. Well earlier today I was at Big Lots and what do I see for $10? More Primas. They didn't have black - just Easter Egg colors. I picked up the light green (celery) and passed on the purple and blue. I may go back and get another pair because these are so perfect for the yard and for stashing under my desk at work.

I didn't want a repeat of my previous experience w/these so I put them on and ran errands in them. Then I completely forgot I had them on when I took this pic - whoops! I swear I had cute black flats on earlier!!

7 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

Ally that cardi is so cute; it looks like you can do a lot with it. And you know I love, love, love, dresses like this!

Kelly said...

I love the pleating on your dress and the cardi is adorable! You should be the Target model. It looks way better on you than on the actual pic. Why does Target make all their stuff look like crap online?

Taylor said...

Ah, I totally own the pencil skirt that matches the cardi you have on today. I almost got the dress in the same pattern, I thought it was so fun! Great versatile dress!

ms. mindless said...

i LOVE the cardi. my mom got the dress in that print. adorable!

Tina said...

I just picked up that cardi last week. I haven't worn it yet, but thanks for reminding me. You look so cute!

Caroline said...

Love that cardi! I saw it in a magazine ad...even more darling on you. :)

Sarah said...

That is my favorite part of a dress - when you get how you just fan yourself with it, it's a nice breeze for your legs and stomach!