Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh hey. Remember me?

I swear I didn't forget I had a blog, y'all. I'm sure I've mentioned it a time or two but I'm BUSY. This house remodeling is bananas and couple that with work and I'm one busy bee. I've also been wearing the same 10 things you've already seen - BORING. Anyhoo, Tracey and I had a Ladies Day yesterday and went shopping and to lunch and to the track. We had a great day and plan to do this on the regular. Now, for the reason you're here:
Dress: Target

Cardigan: Target

Wedges: Nine West

Sleepy, hungover face: $3 margaritas

I walked out and forgot jewelry this morning - whoops! You can see how lazy I am when I'm not blogging daily! :)

I'm having a really really hard time taking pics with my iPhone. I can't find a good spot at work to take them anymore b/c the phone won't prop itself up like my old phone would. Right now I'm rigging my business card holder on top of a paperweight and then I lean that all up against a picture frame. Kinda inconvenient.

However, I love my iPhone. I'd marry it if I could. I plan on sharing some of my favorite apps in a future post :)

So let's talk about this dress. You know how all the sections at Target run together and one second you're in regular sizes and the next you're in maternity? Okay. So I spied this a few racks over and snatched it up. Then I noticed the size was all weird. It was a 1. What the hell is a one? I read the tag and saw they considered a 1 a 14-16. Seeing as how I fluctuate between a 12 and 14 (more on the upper end these days) I thought I'd give it a whirl. It fits pretty well. I had to really cinch up the straps because the bust is pretty big on me but it's quite the relief not to have to squeeze my boobies into a dress made for a B-cup. The rest of the dress fits like a 12/14 just with more boobie room. Sweet! After looking at the Target.com site I can see this is their Juniors' Plus sizing - pretty perfect if you're on the upper end of regular women's sizing! My shopping selection at Target just grew tremendously!

What's your favorite new "find" while shopping? I'm totally stoked about this Juniors' Plus business - It's all a little on the short side, but since I'm also a little on the short side, it's all the right length!

7 comments:

Lesa said...

I have found that if I buy my groceries at super Target my bill is SIGNIFICANTLY, like $100 cheaper than the grocery store (my grocery bill used to be around $280) Therefore, I can throw a few extras in the cart too.

Blane said...

Heyyy I too just bought this dress on Thursday. I'm more of a size 16,but the 1 fits perfectly. I saw it on clearance for $7, tried it on and it looked so cute. Definitly my steal of the week. You wear it well!

tiff said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Kelly said...

Yay! Ally's back!

That sounds awesome, I didn't know Target had anything like that (also I hate how Target sections blur together, I find myself eyeing maternity clothes and realize a few minutes later that I can't/shouldn't really wear any of them)

Ally said...

Lesa - I don't have a Super Target near me, but Tracey said she got all her groceries there last time and it didn't cost more than any other place. I need to check it out!

Brittany - Dang! I wish this were on clearance! I don't mind paying $25 for a dress, but I'd rather pay $7 :)

Tripping - Thanks :)

Kelly - It drives me nuts. Never fails I'll find a maternity dress and then be sorely disappointed. Megan can wear the hell out of them b/c she's so tall - they look great on her!

Lini said...

Welcome back friend!!! You've been missed.

V said...

I just got this dress after seeing it on you...mine was on clearance, but not $7, it was $17, so I guess I better not complain. I can't wait to wear it, I love the colors!!