Friday, February 12, 2010

Keeping it cheap and staying warm

I'm not going to even start complaining about all the snow we're getting, seeing as how the rest of the country seems to be getting WAY more than we are. However, HOLY CRAP. SNOW!!!!
Python print cardi: NY&Co.

Fancy black tshirt: Target

Denim pencil skirt: Lands End

Tights: George via Walmart

Flats: Sam Edelman

Necklace: Gift

Bracelet: Coach




I scored this super cute tshirt at Target for $3 a couple of weeks ago. I am a sucker for plain, classic pieces and this was a great deal for such a nice design.

How pretty is that ruffled flower? I'm going to keep an eye out for more "interesting" tshirts to wear under cardigans because I think this is MUCH dressier and special.

Any big weekend plans with your sweetie? Al's promised me he'd finish our countertops this weekend. That's all the present I could ask for. Having a sink IN THE KITCHEN (and not washing dishes in the bath tub) and being able to cook w/out balancing dishes on the top of a yet-to-be-hung cabinet or in the toaster oven will be a real treat.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Definitely agree about the details on that t-shirt! Too pretty!

Cynthia said...

Love that t-shirt! Have a great weekend!

tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiff said...

i'm so thrilled that you updated! love the shirt! have a great valentine's day!

♥tiff
fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

Alaskangal B said...

oooh new countertops? Those seem like a much more thoughtful and longlasting gift then dinner or flowers.=)

I have to say that the detail on the simple black shirt is cute, can give you some edge without having the whole shirt over power you.

Corie said...

Your whole outfit is cute. I really love that Tshirt...and $3! wow!

Totally Inspired said...

I have to ditto Corie.. $3 wow! thats a great find.. you cant go wrong with cute staple pieces.

have an excellent Valentine's Day..hubby and I will be going snow tubing/skiing for the weekend! (its no counter top, which is a much better gift, but it should be fun, lol!)

WickedThrifty said...

hey, welcome back! super adorable detailing on that shirt! and i love the python print cardi. i just got a b/w floral one i'm loving, but lucky says snake is the new "it" thing so go you ;)

Lesa said...

Love everything, but the shirt is gorgeous!

Natalie said...

I have this t-shirt and love it! And it's always a thrill to see someone blog about something I already own! I wore it a few weeks ago over a teal short sleeved blouse and put a large silver and pearl brooch I have on the flower detail and everyone oooh'd and ahhhh'd over it.