Sunday, February 28, 2010

Messy shoes and info about the J. Crew distribution center outlet

Ever notice something about your outfit AFTER you've taken pics of it? Something you wish you noticed BEFORE you left the house? That's me today. Please disregard the big glob of mortar on my left shoe. Al was tiling our shower enclosure last night and when I got home I hopped right in to help and must have stepped in the mortar. Whoops! It's gonna be hell getting it off these boots :(

Black sweater: Old Navy

Jeans: Levi's

Scarf: J. Crew

Boots: Target










So remember how I got married back in September? Well we honeymooned in Asheville, NC and wouldn't you know but the J. Crew distribution center was about 10 minutes from our cabin. Al still thinks I planned that on purpose, but I swear I didn't. And what could be better than being 10 minutes from a J. Crew factory outlet? Oh being there the weekend they do their semi-annual warehouse sale!

We stood in line for probably an hour (thank goodness it was mild out) and got to dig through boxes and boxes and boxes. I would have taken a pic but cameras weren't allowed. Al and I split up and started digging. We ended up finding more for him than for me (figures) but we scored some AMAZING deals. This silk scarf was $3! I also picked up a few headbands, some gloves, and a couple of hats. Al found sweaters and some ties. Their actual store is far more organized and I was able to find a top and a cardigan there.

If you're ever in the Asheville, NC area, I highly recommend stopping by. The J. Crew distribution center and factory store are actually in Arden, NC but it's very easy to find and GPS-able. It's like any other outlet, hit or miss and usually off-season. They did have a nice selection of wedding and bridal party dresses. I don't remember the prices, but I do remember I wasn't bummed about missing out on a deal. I bought my wedding dress from J. Crew on clearance and it wasn't much more expensive than the outlet prices.

If I can get my you-know-what together, I'll snap a couple pics of what we bought and the prices. I actually saved the receipts so I could report back!
Closeup of scarf. I just love these colors together and was tickled that it had black in it instead of brown. You usually find brown w/these colors and I'm just not a brown-wearing girl. Black hides the black dog fur better!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

haha I notice things about my outfit all the time in my pictures...and I usually don't bother with my pictures until that night or even a few days later, so I'll look at them and go "oh...that was lumpy/stained/weird looking"

Your scarf is gorgeous!

tiff said...

wonderful scarf! that was a great find!!

tiff said...

I have given you a blog award! Check out my blog for details! Thanks for doing what you do!
♥tiff
fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

WickedThrifty said...

oooh tell us more about asheville please! i've heard amazing things about how it's such a cool artsy college city... i would love to move there someday (but my fiance says "NO. i refuse to live in the south." even if it's different from what we think of as the south, from what i hear!)