Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nothin' to see here, folks...

Oh MAN. It's been a month since I last posted and I can't even make excuses. Holidays, work, house, wedded bliss blah blah blah. I won't bore you, so on with the outfits!



Cardi: Target

Top: Target

Pants: Old Navy

Flats: Liz Claiborne

Necklace: gift

I bought this cardi and top at the same time (the day before our wedding) to wear together on our honeymoon. Wouldn't you know the weather didn't cooperate so the need never arose. Then I got all side-tracked with all the other stuff going on in my life (I'm a smidge overwhelmed, y'all) and completely forgot.

Last night, while organizing my "closet," I saw these two and remembered how I wanted to wear them and figured now was as good of a time as any. It's our 12th day in a row w/below freezing temps. To you gals up north, that's nothing, but for Kentucky? It's approaching a record and all the weather dudes are blabbing about it. SNORE.


I had the joy and privilege of working both the day before AND after Christmas this year so jeans to the office it was! I didn't take a pic the day before but trust me - it was way cuter than this!

Cardi: Old Navy

Black T: Old Navy

Jeans: Levi's via Santa Mama

Flats: Sam Edelman

This isn't very remarkable and you've probably seen it before, but I'm nothing but honest w/you gals. I don't create outfits days in advance or even the night before. I just grab and pull and figure it out in the morning while Sonicare-ing my teeth. Gives me two minutes of uninterrupted outfit-picking. I also have a formula and a uniform that works for me and know I can always go to it. If this were VH1 I'd be claiming to be "keeping it real." Just so you know :)

I made a big ole promise to talk about the wedding and my dress and the reception and that dress and MY SHOES but I'm experiencing technical difficulties. See, when we moved, we stored 90% of our stuff in a building on our property. That translates to "I don't know where that is, honey. Stop asking me." when it comes to everything. Bless Al's heart. He can't find a thing either. Anyway, my laptop is accounted for but you couldn't pay me to find the cord. No clue but I'm sure it'll turn up eventually. I don't have the time to put the pics up at work and that's really the only other option. Oh and we don't have internet at home. Have I mentioned we're sleeping in the room where our kitchen will be? And that my "closet" is our sunroom? Okay. Just wanted to make sure y'all knew what I was working with. :)

10 comments:

Goober said...

So happy to see you back :)

I love a good cardigan - and these are both totally cute. Hope the house stuff is going well, can't wait to see the after pics.

Leslie said...

I like the floral and houndstooth together--nice mix

Kimberly said...

Love the pattern mixing!!

Kasmira said...

More love for the pattern mixing! I am going to try this with my floral cardi and houndstooth skirt...when it warms up a little.

Kelly said...

I love that houndstooth cardi so much. Want.

Also, I had no idea we were going toward a record with the temps - now I feel much less awful for wearing a jeans-and-plain-sweater-and-chucks combo almost every single day for the past two weeks.

mags said...

Good to hear from you! Love the outfit.

Sara said...

I've missed your smiling face! Glad to see you back (at least for the day!).

Unknown said...

Agree 100% with @Lesley, @Kimberly @Kasmira and @Kelly - Great Job mixing patterns. More women should try this, it really makes an outfit pop!

Corie said...

I love houndstooth...the cardi is so cute!

Vaia said...

The green is a fantastic colour on you!!