Friday, December 31, 2010

Best way to start a new year...

...is with a new job! Without getting into details. let's just say I'm THRILLED to be starting a new job in 2011. I've been with my current company for seven years and was super nervous to interview with a new company. Totally different field, etc. I had to have a professional outfit for the interview and after agonizing for days (and emailing my friends constantly) I found the perfect outfit at Kohl's!

I almost match our shower curtain!!

Dress: Chaps
Blazer: Sag Harbor
Hose: No clue
Shoes: Cole Haan
Pearls: Gift

I'm in love with this dress. It's sooooo comfortable. Note I'm just under 5'3 and it hits just at my knee. If you're taller than me at all, it'll be on the short side. 

It's way dressier than my usual daily outfits and I'm sure I'll be dressing more like this now. We'll see how it affects my blogging. I can't possibly be more absent than I am now so let's hope it inspires me to post more often!

Happy 2011 everyone!!! xoxo

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Congratulations on the new job and I have to say I LOVE that dress! I might have to look into getting it.

Alison said...

Congrats as well! I am in a similar position where I know I'll be on my feet a lot more than I am currently.

Just a question about Cole Haan shoes. I know people rave about how comfortable they are with the Nike technology and all, but do they live up to the hype?

Ally said...

Thanks, Teresa! The dress is super comfortable so I definitely recommend it.

Alison - They live up to the hype ten times over. I have three (four?) pairs of Cole Haan shoes with the Nike Air technology and they. are. amazing. I can wear them 12+ hours and my feet won't hurt a bit. Hands down, they're the most comfortable shoe I've ever own.

The ones I'm wearing in this post are the Fiona Low Airs. It's a low heel so that adds to the comfort.

KT said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alison said...

Awesome, thanks! My Air Miranda's are on their way from Zappos as I type.

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see your new work outfits!