Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend -- Ally: Kentucky Derby Spectacular

Wow! What a great weekend! And by weekend, I mean Thursday through Sunday :) Friday I didn't go to the Oaks - I was too sketchy about it raining (which it didn't) so my friend Jessica, who was visiting from Paducah, and I went to Makers' Mark Distillery for a tour. I'm an Ambassador for Maker's Mark (heh) so I was able to dip a special bottle - so much fun!

Sweater: Old Navy

Jeans: Gap

Flats: Liz Claiborne

Awesome apron, sleeves, gloves, and glasses: Maker's Mark

Bottle of sweet, delicious bourbon: Maker's Mark

If you'll look closely, you'll see the bottle doesn't have the signature red wax on the neck yet. I was just about to dip it.







Taking a dip! It's way harder than it looks!!













Excuse the blurriness of this next photo. I was in a HUGE rush out the door and only had time to snap one pic.

Dress: JCP

Hat: no idea what brand, bought at TJ Maxx of all places

Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

It's possible Jessica and I made a trip to Zappos. It's also possible I bought two new pairs of shoes. I cannot confirm or deny this information, but I do mysteriously have two new pairs of CUTE shoes :)










Some more pics from the weekend:
Me, Erin, Tracey, & Megan. We had front row seats right by the track - so fun.












With Tracey. That's the starting gate behind my shoulder.












Just rounding the last turn and on the straight stretch to the finish line. SO EXCITING!!












While I didn't pick the winner (I had him boxed with a horse who didn't win - boo!) I did pick the show horse (Musket Man) so I picked up $12! All in all, I was up $1.80 for the day - breaking even or better is ALWAYS good!!!

This was an awesome time despite the precarious weather - I can't wait for next year!!!

10 comments:

Candice said...

I have always wanted to go! You look so cute it's killing me, those colors and that hat, I mean you are so fun. I love that dress on you, I bet you girls had a blast.

Sara said...

Love the dress and the hat. The colors in the dress are awesome!

Looks like you ladies had amazing seats.

This was the first year I really watched on TV and it made me want to actually go for real next year. Better start my hat shopping now!

Jules said...

You all look great, so Glam. Seems like a fabulous event to dress up for

Erica said...

My grandparents live near Paducah! You look all bright and fabulous...so fun!

Kelly said...

You look seriously gorgeous in your Derby finery...as does everyone. Such great hats!

Audi said...

The race was so exciting -- how great that you were there! I really want to go next year, especially since I can make the hat myself.

Taylor said...

Your dress is fantastic! It fits you like a glove and the colors are wonderful. Looks like you guys had a good time!

Lmac said...

Amazing jcp dress! I scored some as well from there! Totally surprised by the awesome selection they had!

Ally said...

Thanks so much, ladies! I think "fun" is the best way to describe Derby.

It's something everyone needs to experience - especially if you love a fabulous hat, a boozy drink, and a wager!

Kelly said...

who doesn't!