Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday - Leslie


Dress: CAbi

Blazer: Ann Taylor Loft

Shoes: Payless

Well, I promised to show the good days and the bad. And today was a classic case of taking a picture and realizing after looking at the picture that the outfit wasn't as flattering as you thought it was. I think I just gained 20 lbs in this picture. It happens. A fashion oops.

This is the same "After-Five" dress that I wore last week--very cotton, very breathable, very stretchy, very comfortable. You can't really see but it actually has ruching all at the waist which is quite slimming. It is however a sleeveless dress and we aren't allowed to wear sleeveless at work so I simply grabbed a blazer to throw on over top for the office today.

The blazer served the purpose of meeting dress code but unfortunately, it meant losing all the shape of the dress. Lesson learned: this dress needs either a fitted jacket or something belted at the waist to keep the shape--a boxy jacket kinda ruins it.

But hey, it was 90 degrees. And I was walking outside and sitting in meetings. And I was comfortable. So that has to count for something.

4 comments:

Toni said...

I think it looks fine. In fact, the pic looks really nice. Not everything has to be fitted. I certainly don't think it makes you look 20 lbs. heavier.

Ally said...

I think it's cute! You just need a belt or something under the jacket and over the dress to highlight your waist. :)

I'm so proud of you for breaking the rules and wearing this dress Before 5 ;)

KT said...

Leslie, I know how you feel. I got dressed, took a pic and thought "What the %$#@?" I love my skirt but didn't quite pay enough attention to how it actually looked on me. Somehow I now appear about 8 feet wide!

Jane said...

I love the jacket.I hadn't noticed that it made you bigger at all.