Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Liberty of London for Target Peacock top

I went to Target right after work Monday night in hopes of scoring some of the fabulous Liberty of London for Target designs - I lucked out! My store's Liberty of London selections had barely been touched. SCORE! The first thing my eye fell on was the peacock halter top. The other tops didn't really appeal to me as much, but I did buy another top. I've not tried it on yet so we'll see if I keep it or not.

Tracey and I are meant to be BFF b/c I just saw her post and she bought the same top too! She's into all things peacock so I knew she'd be all over the housewares too :)


Peacock halter top: Liberty of London for Target

Cardi: NY&Co

pants: Old Navy

Heels: Cole Haan

Bracelet: Coach





A lot of the reviews online about the Liberty of London stuff complained about the shirts being polyester. When you're buying a $20 shirt at Target what the heck do you expect? I know...natural fibers are awesome blah blah blah. This top would look terrible in cotton and would cost a fortune in silk. You either get a fabulous design, a natural fiber, or a cheap price. Pick two.

How cute is the ruffle at the neck? The back has a little button and a keyhole opening. I'm not gonna lie: I had to put the shirt on backwards, button it, then turn it around. I was all thumbs this morning.

I didn't try on any of the clothing so I don't know about the sizing but I did go up a size (this is the XL) because I was worried about how it'd fit in the hips. Good thing b/c it's snug at the bottom and a little loose up top. I'm not displeased w/it, but I did find myself making sure it was pulled down all day.

I really love all these fun prints and can't get enough of the great, bright designs. I picked up a bedding set (which I'm not 100% on, but didn't want to regret not getting it later), a picture frame, and want to go back for those darn prep bowls we're all crazy about. Did any of you check it out in the store? It's all online, but sold out for the most part.

9 comments:

Alaskangal B said...

I agree, Grade A material and cheap price do not go hand in hand with new items. You want that, go to a thrift store for several hours and search for some. Otherwise brand new items..you can not have it all. Cute Design, and polyester? Fine by me. I love how you paired the yellow with it. So lovely and bright.=)

tiff said...

I haven't even checked it out yet...but it's already sold out? sucky!

love your top, though!

Vaia said...

Love the top! And how you paired it.
I wish we had a Target here as well...it's just gives me an excuse to go cross-border shopping!

Kelly said...

I love this top! The pattern, color, style...it's awesome. I haven't been to my Target but hopefully there's still something left by the time I get there!

misss_e said...

Loving that top!

GFS said...

Hmmmph...I'm gonna have to make a special trip to Target!

Unknown said...

I love all the peacock feathers ! I finally killed my peacock earrings after many years of safe-guarding them :( but will hve to visit target tis weekend! Visit me sometime! I love to meet new bloggers and talk "shop"! revasrags2roses.blogspot.com

RoseAG said...

I saw those tops at Target and thought the patterns were really clear.

I'd say they kept the quality of the pattern and picked a less expensive fabric, which would be OK with with.

I have plenty of high-quality clothing items that have ended up in the giveaway bag long before their cost per wearing got down into the penny range.

PLUS - you're sure to wear it more if it's not sitting in the ironing pile down in the laundry room for a week or two after every wash!

ggop said...

Love your ideas. I think you have to have a real creative mind to pair the right cardigan with the right blouse. Go Ally!