Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weekend -- Ally

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I worked Saturday and am going to dinner with Al afterward. I'm far too lazy to change clothes so I dressed up jeans.

Cardi: NY&Co

Graphic t: Target

Gray jeans: Old Navy

Flats: Sam Edelman

Michelle Obama pearls: Walmart








The gorgeous E always looks so cute in her graphic t-shirts with cardigans and I was telling her how I just can't wear the look. Crew necks look awful on me and I just didn't think it'd work. She suggested I wear one with a cardigan or a blazer and I promised I'd try. I think it worked and it is super comfortable.

I'm especially excited about these jeans. They're also SO not my style. I don't do anything other than dark wash denim, but these were on sale back in October for $14 at Old Navy so I gave them a shot. Of course, Old Navy's wonky sizing meant these were WAY TOO SMALL when they arrived. Disgusted, I shoved them in my closet. I found them the other day and thought, "Hum...what the hell!" and they fit! I'm more excited about fitting in the jeans than how they look to be honest. You know how that is! :)

11 comments:

Legal Editor Mom said...

Ally I love this look. Dressed up casual. Cute! And perfect for whatever you do...

Kelly said...

That tee-under-a-cardi look is great. I don't have a single crewneck cardigan in my closet, because I don't think I look so great, in them, but more than once in the past month I've wished I had one. Maybe I'll find on this weekend and be able to copy you :)

Louella said...

you should have worn your black pearls with your outfit. they would have matched the button on your cardigan. i know you are not into matching like i am.

Leslie said...

I love graphic tees with a cardigan! Its totally cute! Like that color cardi too. Wait til you see the trench I just got in that color...was a color I had never been drawn to before but it's all over the place this season and with my hair darker, I think I can wear it. Its very cute and springy!

Ally said...

LEM - Thanks!

Kelly - I think I'm willing to do a crew neck if it's like this and super casual and not something I'd wear regularly.

Mama - I'd have worn the ones you got me, but it would've matched the shirt too much and been too long. I thought about them, but the MO ones can be shortened :)

Les - I might've peeked at it...I love colors like this for spring! :)

Amy said...

You are looking FANTASTIC, my dear! Your hard work is paying off and the outfit is just adorable.

Ally said...

Thanks, Amy!!! :)

Jen said...

Love the yellow cardi :)

Single Ma said...

You are losing weight and looking fabulous!

Boutique Girl said...

Well done on fitting into the jeans - it is a great boost!

E said...

Aw, what a reward for all the hard work you're doing, Muffin. AND you look ADORABLE in that graphic tee! Like you didn't try this before... I'm so glad you did :)