Sunday, November 9, 2008

Divided Loyalties -- Leslie

Saturday was one of the most exciting sporting events I've been to. Not because it was a big tournament or game but because I had courtside seats to the NKU vs UofL exhibition game in the brand new Bank of Kentucky Center at NKU.

As many of you know, I was raised and am still a huge UofL fan. But I loved my college experience and tell everyone who will listen how wonderful NKU is. You can imagine how exciting it was to literally be right on the floor sitting in the arena that we helped lobby for when I was in Student Government. We drove through campus before parking and also saw the new Student Union. I was so proud!

I've been thinking for weeks how I was going to equally represent both schools in my attire. The answer arrived with the new yellow cord skirt I found for $10 at Ann Taylor Loft. Pair that with a red turtleneck sweater, a denim jacket and tall black boots and I had both teams covered!

It was Jamie's birthday and we went to the game together (along with my grandmother and father and several of our college buddies who were there as well) and had a great time! See below for a couple pictures of us at the game! (I can tell you my attire but J will have to fill us in on hers in the comment section.)

Yellow Cord Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft

Burgundy Turtleneck: Apt 9/Kohl's

Tall Black Boots are not pictured

Denim Jacket: Gap

4 comments:

KT said...

You girls both look so cute! It's a good thing you picuted Jamie. I was thinking you all had locked her in a closet or something and I was going to have to call the authorities. Now all we have to do is locate Tracey...

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! We had THE BEST time! We took this picture right next to our seats, that is how close we were. It was great to see a lot of our old college friends and this arena makes you so proud to be a NKU graduate! Where I was in complete support of NKU I did sport a red bracelet for two reasons, one for Leslie's Gran :) and two for the simple fact that gold, red, black, and white are awesome colors together.

The cardigan was from Ann Taylor Loft and I love it. What a great way to have spent my birthday!

KT-I have been in hiding :) It has been hard to dress for occasions while out of a big kid job. Most days are spent in jeans and sweats because I work from my computer. BUT I will start posting my going out and weekend outfits!

Anonymous said...

love the yellow; it makes the outfit pop!

xoxo,
La C

Jane said...

You should be very proud of yourselves getting something so wonderful built.
I love your outfits and I'm glad you had a great time.